Monday, April 24, 2017

The Real Story of Jane Fonda and the Vietnam Vets Who Hate Her - Under the Radar

Tragic. She was in fact a very active supporter of military folks. Got caught up in what seems to me to have been effective propaganda to discredit her - my opinion, not the article's. "Fonda was a prominent antiwar protestor in the 70’s, focused on the rights of troops while in the military and of those who wanted to resist being drafted." “There is one thing that happened while in North Vietnam that I will regret to my dying day. I allowed myself to be photographed on a Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun,” she wrote in 2011. “It happened on my last day in Hanoi. It was not unusual for Americans who visited North Vietnam to be taken to see Vietnamese military installations and when they did, they were always required to wear a helmet like the kind I was told to wear during the numerous air raids I had experienced.”
Source:
The Real Story of Jane Fonda and the Vietnam Vets Who Hate Her - Under the Radar
http://ift.tt/2pWU7J5
BY BLAKE STILWELL – WEARETHEMIGHTY.COM Jane Fonda is a star of stage and screen whose career began in 1960. She is the daughter of legendary...

No comments:

Post a Comment