Sunday, April 8, 2018

Love Style

The million points of light. The great equalizer. The real land of opportunity, the Public Library. A source of pride. Free: WiFi - Internet access, computers,books, movies, music, info for community events and services, and more cool things like librarians! Mom and I used to go to Morris Library after school to learn French, listening to tapes. That was University School era, I was 7. I spent eons in Morris Library at SIU as a kid. Mom was doing the PhD thing and teaching, I was let loose in the library. At first I admit to mostly riding the elevator. But then what was beyond the elevator doors on each floor became interesting. Once I got taller and learned the card catalog and Dewey decimal it was on. I didn't go for precision, one book, I picked a book to find the section. Learned the Dewey of the stuff I was interested in, skip the card catalog I could find my stuff in any library. Hours of entertainment. Actually reading the entirety of things? Not so much. Too many different things to get into everywhere.
Source:
Love Style
https://ift.tt/2pQn0VW
Who uses a library still.?📔📕📖📚📑

No comments:

Post a Comment